Monday, May 5, 2008

Non-Motorized Boat Day at Scott's Valley

Now this is a great idea! Wolf Creek Wilderness and I went down to Scott's Valley Lake (near Grass Valley CA) to put all the toys on the beach and have a day in the sun. I had a blast with the laid back atmosphere and lack of sales pressure. People were able to enjoy glass like conditions on the lake all day. I assembled my Pak Boat Puffin 12 and took it for a spin. It went together in about 20-30 minutes but I think the next time it will take 10-15 minutes. It was super comfy and actually paddled quite well. There is no reason why you can't have a boat in your car at all times with Pak Boat.

Thanks to the Boy Scouts who helped me load some of my gear...they have saved my back twice this year!

Wish everyday on the lake could be non-motorized!