Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bell Canoe Northshore




I haven't mentioned much about canoes lately as they have been out of my business life since last August. I was reading some thread the other day on some other chat board and someone was asking about this boat. I don't know how many people own one but I'm lucky enough to and it is the s#%!
You can solo it, paddle with 3 or 4, load a ton of gear in it and still feel like you are in a Bell Canoe and not a barge. I hear that they are doing great work these days so that makes me happy. Hopefully they are churning out more of these.

Basically, it is a Northwoods with 2 feet added in the middle (20.5 ft). Empty, it is still a joy to paddle. Like any high shouldered boat, it responds to leans effortlessly and presents a lot of different "feels" depending on the load you have in it. What does that mean? The more you put in it the wider the boat gets. So, when it is empty it is sporty and quick and when it is loaded the stability increases with the added width by sinking the boat into the water. This is the David Yost/Bell thing and once you try it you should be hooked. Now you just have to figure out where to get the $4k from!!! I wish I had the money all the time but come summer time you won't be able to get me to stop talking about the NorthShore. Mine is NOT FOR SALE!

If you have any questions about this boat I'd be happy to talk. If you don't see the need for one you should go away...