Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pak Boat 16

Folding canoes and kayaks are becoming a wiser decision with fuel prices jumping and our living spaces getting smaller. I started repping PakBoats this year and after several months of playing with the product I have to say that I'm quite satisfied. My interest started as I was searching for the perfect boat to pull behind my bicycle for the "green tour" that I'm planning. The green tour has been delayed slightly as I await a new Bicycle Trailer from Equinox Bicycle Trailers (http://www.equinoxtrailers.com/) and try to line up dog care while I'm away. The Equinox trailer is ideal because it will break down and fit into a carrying case for bus or train travel!


It took me about 1 hour to put this boat together for the first time but I think that part of the delay was that at the demo I was at putting it together I was stalled several times by interested customers...all asking how long it took me to put it together! I think I could now put the boat together in less than 25 minutes. I have now paddled the boat solo and tandem and I really like the performance. The optional padded knee pads are a must if you are going to kneel. The provided seats are quite comfortable. I would not hesitate to take this boat on any canoeing adventure. It is quick to respond, quite stable and easily solo paddled even in wind.