Sunday, June 29, 2008

San Francisco's Aquan Fest




Here are some pics from an event I attended a couple of weeks ago in San Francisco. It was the first year of AquanFest which celebrated everything water. I met a ton of people who were being exposed to paddlesports for the first time and by the end of the day they had caught the bug. The night before the event, I helped the race team set up a course all the way around the lake. It was a really coolo course in that there were only select spots where you could pass people and then other spots where you would have to pull in single file. This reminded me of those roller derby courses. The race then went off with a bunch of excitement as the racers made 5 laps around the course.


Stand up paddleboards were also really well represented at the event and I had a good time playing on one for a few minutes. Standing on the water is a cool perspective but give me the glide of a fast hull any time. I see the stand up boards being a ton of fun in the ocean though.