Friday, June 13, 2008

REI Spokane Demo Day


REI's Demo Day last Sunday in Spokane had some of the rare sun in one of the coldest and rainiest spring/early summers I've been through. I was thrilled to get some of Stohlquist's new Nemo Child's PFD on some young paddlers.
This was also one of the few events of the season where I wasn't presenting a boat line. Certainly easier on my back! I was able to have more "conversations" which I really enjoyed versus adjusting foot braces the whole time.


REI did a great job getting a good crowd out to Fish Lake (near Cheney WA). I was amazed that people were really after some higher end boats and paddles that unfortunately REI did not have represented in the store. It was great to get this kind of feedback from their customers. I know that REI can special order so hopefully people were able to order the boats and paddles that they were after.